How to Change the Battery in Your Mercedes-Benz Key Fob
Is the battery of your Mercedes-Benz key fob on its last legs? Today we will teach you the warning signs to look for in dying battery and the steps to replace it yourself.
When a Mercedes-Benz Key Fob Battery Needs Replacement
There are several warning signs you can look for when you think it might be time to change the battery in your Mercedes-Benz key fob. Initial warnings can include:
- You may notice your vehicle becomes more difficult to start. If it takes several minutes or multiple attempts, that can be an indicator of a low battery.
- If you lose the ability to lock and unlock your doors or set off the panic alarm that can also be a sign your battery is on the way out.
- If you notice a warning sign on your dashboard that indicates an issue with the charging system, that can mean you are losing battery power in your key fob.
If you experience any of these warning signs take the proactive step to change the battery in your Mercedes-Benz key fob to prevent further issues when on the road in West Bloomfield.
Replace Your Mercedes-Benz Key Fob Battery
When it comes time to change the battery in your Mercedes-Benz key fob, there are a few simple steps to follow:
- Determine Your Key Type: You may have either a Chrome Key or a Smart Key, and that impacts how the batteries are changed.
- Get the Right Batteries: A Smart Key needs two CR 2025 batteries while the newer Chrome Key only needs one.
- Smart Key: For the Smart Key, pull the latch at the end of the key holder, stick your key horizontally into the open slot, and lift the battery compartment out to replace the batteries.
- Chrome Key: When changing a Chrome Key battery, pull on the tab at the bottom, push the key into the narrow end of the slot to remove the cover, and replace the battery.
Experience Affordable Mercedes-Benz Service Cost at Mercedes-Benz of Bloomfield Hills
Need help replacing your key battery, or do you have questions about other care care-related issues like jump-starting a dead battery? Our Bloomfield Hills service center can help you with all your service needs at a reasonable price. Feel free to contact us with any questions and make sure you check out our service specials before booking your appointment.
More from Mercedes-Benz of Bloomfield Hills
West Bloomfield drivers are tackling their daily commutes in luxury with the new Mercedes-Benz E-Class. Better still, the 2020 Mercedes-Benz E-Class trim levels have something for every driver. No matter what you’re looking for in your next luxury sedan, you’ll find it in the E-Class. When it comes to budget, the Mercedes-Benz E-Class price is pretty…
A new Mercedes-Benz S-Class is on the way, and it’s unlike anything else West Bloomfield has seen thus far. The forthcoming 2021 Mercedes-Benz S-Class is slated to be released in Spring of 2021, and you definitely don’t want to miss it. Why? The newest generation of S-Class will introduce new innovations never before seen in the…
The 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLS SUV is a top-rated full-size vehicle that can comfortably seat up to seven adult passengers. What’s more impressive than the affordable price tag is the new Mercedes-Benz GLS weight capabilities, cargo volumes, and space-saving features. Get all of the details about the Mercedes-Benz GLS dimensions, cargo weight, and more with…
The Mercedes-Benz GLE delivers a beautiful blend of performance and luxury. Designed and built to the Mercedes-Benz standard, the new GLE exceeds the needs of Bloomfield Hills drivers who are looking for a capable, upscale SUV. With configurations ranging from the GLE 350 4MATIC® to the AMG® models, the GLE offers a trim level fit for…
Entering the Mercedes-Benz lineup between the subcompact Mercedes-Benz GLA and the larger Mercedes-Benz GLC, the 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLB interior brings all the next-generation technology and first-class comfort features you’d expect from a vehicle that wears the vaunted three-pointed star. You can see exactly what makes it stand out for yourself by arranging a test drive, but feel free…
What is the price of a Mercedes-Benz S-Class? Well, that depends on how much you want out of this truly special automobile. While even the base trim gives you a positively opulent experience that’ll thrill your every moment that you’re on the road in West Bloomfield, you can expect even more when you go up to…