How to Change the Battery in Your Mercedes-Benz Key Fob
Is the battery of your Mercedes-Benz key fob on its last legs? Today we will teach you the warning signs to look for in dying battery and the steps to replace it yourself.
When a Mercedes-Benz Key Fob Battery Needs Replacement
There are several warning signs you can look for when you think it might be time to change the battery in your Mercedes-Benz key fob. Initial warnings can include:
- You may notice your vehicle becomes more difficult to start. If it takes several minutes or multiple attempts, that can be an indicator of a low battery.
- If you lose the ability to lock and unlock your doors or set off the panic alarm that can also be a sign your battery is on the way out.
- If you notice a warning sign on your dashboard that indicates an issue with the charging system, that can mean you are losing battery power in your key fob.
If you experience any of these warning signs take the proactive step to change the battery in your Mercedes-Benz key fob to prevent further issues when on the road in West Bloomfield.
Replace Your Mercedes-Benz Key Fob Battery
When it comes time to change the battery in your Mercedes-Benz key fob, there are a few simple steps to follow:
- Determine Your Key Type: You may have either a Chrome Key or a Smart Key, and that impacts how the batteries are changed.
- Get the Right Batteries: A Smart Key needs two CR 2025 batteries while the newer Chrome Key only needs one.
- Smart Key: For the Smart Key, pull the latch at the end of the key holder, stick your key horizontally into the open slot, and lift the battery compartment out to replace the batteries.
- Chrome Key: When changing a Chrome Key battery, pull on the tab at the bottom, push the key into the narrow end of the slot to remove the cover, and replace the battery.
Experience Affordable Mercedes-Benz Service Cost at Mercedes-Benz of Bloomfield Hills
Need help replacing your key battery, or do you have questions about other care care-related issues like jump-starting a dead battery? Our Bloomfield Hills service center can help you with all your service needs at a reasonable price. Feel free to contact us with any questions and make sure you check out our service specials before booking your appointment.
More from Mercedes-Benz of Bloomfield Hills
Have a craving that only Italian food can satisfy? Mercedes-Benz of Bloomfield Hills is way ahead of you! Whether you’re looking for a highly rated eatery for a quick bite on your lunch break or a full-course meal, you’ll find plenty of worthy options in our list below. Read on for our picks for the best Italian restaurants…
If you’re looking for a luxury driving experience that doesn’t sacrifice leg room, then the 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLS interior will surely impress with its fantastic features and upscale materials. This 7-seat Mercedes-Benz SUV is practical enough to accommodate anything on the schedule but also filled with some of the top technology on the market today….
It may be tough to decide exactly which Mercedes-Benz SUV to buy when there are so many great options, but for busy drivers, the Mercedes-Benz GLE utility just might change the way you drive. Between its top-notch technology and smart design, the new GLE lineup was built to make your life easier. Let’s take a…
The 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLE is available as a midsize SUV or coupe (fastback-style SUV) and offers the rugged performance you’d expect from a family vehicle, as well as luxury befitting the brand. From its powerful base engine to its intelligent features like 4MATIC®, the new GLE is a fit companion for West Bloomfield roads and beyond….
When you think “coupe,” you think smooth handling and precise maneuverability — and that’s exactly what the 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA performance delivers. Available in three trims, the new CLA Coupe offers a level of power, efficiency, and handling for Bloomfield Hills drivers of all stripes. Learn more about the 2019 CLA 250, CLA 250 4MATIC®, and AMG®…
ATTENTION ASSIST® is one of many innovative technologies from Mercedes-Benz and is available on many of the brand’s new vehicles. During road trips or even short drives around West Bloomfield, this system monitors your driving behaviors and notifies you when it’s time for a break. Learn more about Mercedes-Benz ATTENTION ASSIST® below and how it can…